What is SCI Action Canada?
Advancing physical activity knowledge and participation among Canadians living with spinal cord injury.
SCI Action Canada will develop and mobilize strategies to inform, teach and enable people living with SCI to initiate and maintain a physically active lifestyle.
- To focus the efforts of the SCI Action Canada member community toward development and implementation of new knowledge and interventions that will increase physical activity in the SCI Community.
- To quantify the efforts and accomplishments of the SCI Action Canada team by highlighting:
- The development of theory and evidence-based interventions designed to inform, teach, and enable people to initiate and maintain a physically active lifestyle.
- The mobilization of these interventions in the SCI Community.
- The evaluation of the impact these interventions have in the SCI Community.
- To strengthen existing relationships between the members of the SCI Action Canada alliance.
- To identify new partnerships that can be added to the SCI Action Canada alliance.